Fred is an associate at Fineberg Ramamoorthy LLP, practising litigation with a focus in hard IP and the life sciences sector.
Fred earned his JD cum laude in Law & Technology from the University of Ottawa Faculty of Law. In law school, Fred maintained an undefeated record in competitive moot court on IP issues. With his team, he won the 2015 Harold G. Fox IP Moot and the 2016 Oxford International IP Moot. Fred was named the best advocate at both competitions. Before law, Fred trained as a bioscientist, receiving a BMSc (Hons) with distinction from Western University, and an MSc from the University of Alberta.
Before joining the firm, Fred developed his practice at other leading IP boutiques in Canada and the United Kingdom, as well as prominent multinational firms. He has spearheaded resolutions in contentious patent, trademark, copyright, and industrial design law.
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2017
- JD cum laude, Law & Technology, University of Ottawa
- MSc, Medical Microbiology & Immunology, University of Alberta
- BMSc (Hons) with distinction, Biochemistry of Infection & Immunity, Western University
- Canadian Bar Association / Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group
- Harold G. Fox IP Moot, 2015
- Harold G. Fox Cup (winning team)
- Dimock Stratton LLP Award (best advocate in a non-graduating year)
- Donald F. Sim Award (best advocate)
- Oxford International IP Moot, 2016
- 8 New Square Trophy (winning team)
- Sir Nicholas Pumfrey Award (best advocate)