Judith has been representing clients before the Federal Courts in IP and judicial review litigation for 30 years. Described in Chambers 2021 (Band 1) as “an outstanding trial lawyer” and “very agile”, Judith has broad experience that includes cross-border patent trials, damages/profits assessments, and appellate advocacy. Judith has been active in matters under the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations since the introduction of this regime in 1993. She has appeared in leading cases pertaining to the data protection of pharmaceuticals. She is also proud of her work to achieve settlements, and her advice to clients on risk avoidance and strategic issues.
Before consulting with Fineberg Ramamoorthy LLP, Judith was a senior partner with a global law firm. Based in Montréal, Judith is fluent in French.
- Called to the Barreau du Québec, 1991
- Registered Trademark Agent, 1992
- LL.B and B.C.L, McGill University, 1990
- B.A., Psychology, McGill University 1985
- Fellow of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Member of the Barreau du Québec and the Canadian Bar Association
- Who's Who Legal: Canada - Life Sciences, Patents
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Biotechnology law, Intellectual property law
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Intellectual Property - Litigation (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2021
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory: recommended in Biotechnology; Intellectual Property; Litigation – Intellectual Property
- Acritas Stars, 2020: Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Expert Guides: Women in Business Law
- Who's Who Legal: Life Sciences
- Benchmark Canada: Litigation Star
- IP Stars : Top 250 Women in IP,
- The Legal 500 Canada: Intellectual Property (Leading Lawyer)
- IAM Patent 1000: Litigation
- Canada's Most Powerful Women: Top 100 (2015)